STRONGER.

I stole this from the very furrow of my heart so don't tell anyone it's out here on display for the whole world to see;
THESE MARKS MADE ME STRONGER
These feelings made me tougher
This pain made me better
To retreat and be a nobody was a choice no one took from me
Oh but I chose to bear the hurt to get to where I am now
Was I bruised? Most certainly
Did I get hurt? Most assuredly
Fail & falter along the way? Inevitably
But I picked up the pieces of my broken innocence piecing the puzzle of my questioning heart back together as time brought healing and answers
Staying down would have profited me nothing
Bracing up did me a world of good now I've got joy unending
I gave out a false signal of strength; felt it was better to disclose that whilst weakness tore at my  insides
Suddenly found myself at the extreme end of a tunnel without light or aim
Weakly I sat there and said a silent but heartfelt prayer,almost immediately after, I felt a shattering that had rays of life bursting and creating a wellspring of hope within me
Then it dawned on me, why be scared?
You've come too far to give up
The pain you went through was necessary oh dear self
Look how better you turned out to be
The tunnel bruised away your imperfections and tore out your ignorance
Now you're the perfect definition of whole
You've come refined as gold through fire
The marks may seem like scars but they are victory stamps signed unknowingly by each torment
So now I cannot afford to be on the low about my pain,because more often than not pain breaks people but pain made
If right now I let them take back the pain they caused,I'll lose the strength I gained.
So I'm a product of pain.

Comments

Post a Comment