MISTLETOE

Ours was soul on soul, not necessarily what meets the eye.
Our pain sought refuge in the other's arms.
We were brought together by an uncanny wind of unexplained fate.
Our love was born out of yearning; it was something about the warmth and safety your eyes and arms offered.
It was like looking in the mirror, scary at first but sensual eventually.
We couldn't take our eyes off each other, it took time for us to get used to the fact that we were in love.
It was something about those random passionate pecks you planted on my forehead, it was something about the way you hugged me like you never wanted me to go.
It was in the little things you didn't say, but I felt in your smile.
I heard how much you loved me when your eyes glistened as we spoke.
It was worth the wait, it was the perfect time.
I've got my smile back now, I laugh from a place of content.
Heaven sent me a good man; it's unbelievable how enough you are.
Our hearts thump whenever we're together, more  when they are apart, it's like they have their own language.
On my loneliest days,I wrote poems of how I yearned for my love story to be; but ours is like none other, yet unscripted.
'Always' would be our 'I love you'; and no matter how my rollercoaster rides our love takes,I'm sure we'd come off it.
We're more than picture perfect, we're perfect complements of each other.
I'd be your queen,you'd be my Knight .
Our Kingdom we'd rule.

Comments

  1. Love your writing Karen. This is just lovely. Are you in love by the way, because that would be cool. *winks*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment