DIAL


He broke me.
Iced up all my love and threw it into the cold streets;
What was he trying to do? Keep it numb forever...
So I went my way, not merry as I wished it was; it was hard out here on these streets. I missed him, I missed how my heart felt close to his; I long for our fingers to interlock and oh how I want to hear him call me beautiful like always. Why is my heart even capable of this much love, then I remembered some book I got on sale years back on how to live without your heart.
I brought out my heart and began the journey to purge pain from it, cleanse it from hurt and bitterness and drain out the sadness. It took me a pretty long time and I could only get 10% of the darkness out.
As soon as I packed up my heart for shipping in a glass box and called my chauffeur to come get it, my phone rang, it was him...😔

Comments

  1. And in that moment, all my resolve faded. The weak makeshift walls I built came tumbling down. Why did it always have to be so? Why couldn't I free myself from his grip? Why did even the thought of him, the sight of his name on my phone's caller ID always send me into a spiral of cyclonic emotions?
    Yes, he broke me. And he weaved himself into every fiber of my being. I could send my heart on an endless journey in the glass box for all it was worth. But it wouldn't amount to much.
    He broke me, and even through the shards of pain, the longing still holds sway.
    😉
    Hey, Keren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me sad...nice one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a job offer for you ma'am, check your Whatsapp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I froze when I read the last three words. Beautiful climax to yet another brilliant piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ikr! They let you go long enough to keep you. They can only do that for so long, though. Hooke's law until breaking point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment