Reflections



I'm staring at the woman in the mirror, visions of who I used to be, a life I once gloried in, a place I never want to visit. 

Heartbreaks which I now wear as clothing, suffering that caressed my face, all the wrong decisions that led me to this place; hidden in a chapter of my life I don't want to read over.

Some days I felt like I could take on the world and other days I would make a list of all the things I'm bad at, and push everyone that mattered away. I wanted this to end, I need to feel only one type of way, I'm tired of having all these conflicting emotions. 

I want to be in control, in control of my emotions, I need to prove to myself that for once I can handle the reins. So I'm choosing to walk away from one-sided love, relationships that don't help me grow, places that make me feel out of place, and habits that misrepresent the woman I want to become.

Here's to evolving and becoming!

Comments