Take Control

Cast:
Tunde
Mrs BOLAJI (Tunde's Mom)
Stacy (Tunde's Girlfriend)
Jojo ( Flirt)
Gateman

Scene 1:
TunTun , TunTun omi mi,Tunde oh...(shouts his mother from the Kitchen)

Tunde: Mom it's too early for all this now, it's barely past 9am.

Mrs BOLAJI: That's the way you'd sleep and not do anything like the past 8,395 days of your life. Anyway I made you pancakes and smoothie to celebrate.

Tunde: (murmurs under his breath) Okay so what are we celebrating?

Mrs BOLAJI: Now you're my son (she exclaims), so I saw one fine rich girl come look for you two days ago; She gave me N100,000 just to tell you she came...

Tunde: Oh my GOD!, Mom! Please tell me it's not Stacy? Why would you do that, I don't even like her.

Mrs BOLAJI: First all it's Stacy, second and most importantly shut up and listen. If this girl visits 10 more times and you pretend not to be around, I'd finally be able to open my clothing store with 1million Naira capital. So you have to like her, look it as a way of paying me back, I carried you for 9 months Tunde. ( She gets up, ties her wrapper and slowly exits room)

Tunde: Okay so I guess have to call Susan and reschedule or cancel, (Sighs)

Scene 2:
Tunde was unable to get through to Stacy and she eventually showed up at the BOLAJI's residence.

Gateman: Fine aunty, Good afternoon oh, you lost?

Stacy: No I'm looking for my Bae

Gateman: Which Kind of afternoon confusion is this ??? Sorry my Madam said to only allow Small Madam Jojo into this house. That's uncle Tunde's new wife.

Tunde: (phone Ringing) Hey Stace, been trying to get to you all day.

Stacy: I'm at your gate and your gateman is not allowing me in and he's also saying very unrelatable things, please come get me.

Tunde: About that, now is not a good time Stace, my mom said...(the line disconnects)

Stacy: ( Waltzing through the door angrily and smeared with dust ) Oh so this is where you are , My man My man ( she chants sarcastically)

Mrs BOLAJI: ( hears distant female mutter and quickly makes her way to the parlour)
Tunde is that our wife? She comes through and is disappointed. Oya aunty leave our house.
 
Tunde: Mom take it easy please.

Mrs BOLAJI: (approaching Stacy to push her out) Madam go home and wash plates or something productive like that. (She tries to push her out but she falls face flat)

Scene 3:
Prior to this, Tunde's mom had invited JoJo over.

Jojo: Good evening Aunty Simi ( she courtseys)

Mrs BOLAJI: (Dancing to a tune in her head) welcome my daughter. Let's go to dinning, i prepared something special for you. Drag my son with you that's his cousin she'd go home soon.

Jojo: oh I see the resemblance, she proceeds to take Tunde along with her...

Stacy: Slaps her hard and a fight ensues.

They fought as long as you can imagine, and while Mrs. BOLAJI walked upstairs with a cheque of N500,000 ; Tunde walked away emotionally distraught.

Food for Thought: Until you take responsibilities for your life and co-captain with GOD; uncanny dictators would ride and ruin your ship.

Comments