B.O.Y (Born Outta Yearning)

Everything I am and all I've slowly become was born out of yearning. Born out of a desire of refusing to be easily discarded by negativity, with a heart bent on moving forward like eager legs on a gas pedal I pressed towards... All this was not in the absence of thorns to prick, but me basking in the euphoria of being elated.
But yet as a blind being I thrust myself easily into a not nearly serene world filled with uncertainty; hoping against all hope for that little ray of light that'll mean all in my grossly dark world.
Giving up was the most obvious path to thread on, but painfully I held on like I would have if I had the big picture on my palms. Though the big picture on my palms I had not; but yet as a new recruit with an invincible  commander I followed clueless, uncertain who was leading me and frightened more because I could only feel him. I would have given up, my spririt was willing but my flesh was weak and everything I held onto around me became slippery.
But there was something on my inside, something indestructible, incorruptible and it made it hard for anything to break me. Slowly but surely, it dawned on me, my desire to be whoever I'll end up being is from within; and that seed cannot wither but multiply.
So now I'm a product of yearning, the right kind of yearning that is; What about you?


Comments

Post a Comment