CRACKS


Boy: In the middle of the night, I woke with a start. A particular yearning for someone I could give my everything. All I could think of was you. The awesomeness that you emit had at some point put me in a trance. A trance that has kept me wanting to experience emotions I had never thought possible. So into the night I called out your name and there you were right beside me, laying on your back same as I was facing the stars. And you spoke to me…

Girl: I'm tired of being a dump site for emotional baggage; but yours is different, it's how you  make me feel like i'm essential for your living. Was he playing with my mind? *sigh* This thought settled in my mind while I cleared out a spot for him in my mind. You make me feel like perfection; and whenever I try to point out my flaws, you pull out a perfect drawing of me from your back  pocket. He needed me and I needed him too, it was a burning desire to be together that couldn't be doused by distance or past pain. Whenever you came over, it was like my pain sensed it and took some time off. I've packed my bags we're gonna be more than just roommates now.

Comments

  1. We all need that kind of person around us. Someone that presents the best version of us to us whenever our flaws seem to overwhelm us. Nice piece Keren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy. Pun intended, yes. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment