The Voices In My Head


And the voices in my head just wouldn't quiet down, lower I begged , lower please...
Pretending it was physical I covered my ears with my thickest duvet and it felt like I had now connected them to speakers. *sigh*
I wish I could even make out their rantings as to follow in their teachings or smirk at their silly remarks.

I tried to listen to a Paybac rap track and even an asa single, all was bound in futility; and then on some days I'd have to keep my ear plugs in while i try to talk back to them, i wasn't Yaba left ready, not now not ever. From the intensity of their voices i resolved that they were not going to quit making my life a subtle hell.

The next day was a little different, the voices woke me up, maybe it was their leader because it was just one commanding voice, it said (I doubt that they are male and female), go get a jotter and title it "The Voices In My Head"; obeying a random voice in your head is not the rational thing to do, so I side stepped it as a latter effect of the current heat situation.

Two weeks later, I could have sworn it sounded like the voice next thing to me and the words were spewed out from a human form, "aunty we are just trying to help you oh" the sentence came with attitude (I'm serious); I wasn't going to flutter in front of them and yes I know they've lived on my inside and know what a cry baby I can be but I sipped on my Wilson's lemonade and swayed my hips to the edge of my bed to get some more sleep.

The next day more importantly than getting to work early was getting a notebook; oh don't judge me except you have an infinity of voices muttering in your mother tongue up in your head; so I got the book and scribbled the instructed title across it. That day I can legit say my boss was worried about me, cos they were freaking doing a mass choir number in my head; I had to at least profer solutions to these voices this night; I went home and I brought the book out and in seconds they were orderly (I rolled my eyes), and I wrote over 30,000 words of what they wanted me to and avoid and all that...

LOL! No they didn't just go away, they are a lot quieter now though, but I still use my earplugs on a daily, now it is to ward off stray men on the streets.

Comments

Post a Comment