Souls at Bay


K: Water me and dry me out, a continous cycle we chose to call love; one day you would wear my crown so perfectly I would think my throne was inherent and other days you would leave me out in the storm and I'd end up disheveled; I hold on to the fact that you love me and are always thinking of me but I don't know how far that can take me...

D: I wish you knew how far that word love will take me, especially coming from you. It never ceased to feel like my feelings for you don't matter, I guess because they are far from the stories your cohort tell and my words differ too. Leaving you in the storm has always been your alter ego at play, because even when it drizzled, I built a pavilion to shield you. So tell me what more I need do to keep you.

K: One moment you are telling me "baby I need all of your love, give it to me"; the next minute you're telling me how much you need your space, everything is fine when I have you in the moment, hearing you speak and letting it soothe every frown line in my heart, so I'd let you have your space, wait for you because I know it's you who can make feel ethreal, but don't leave me on ice, please?

D: In your confusion, you figured me out and broke me down, why else do you think I dwell sharing this space with you?! My space is me and I it, it's warmer than the summer heat, so I wonder how the ice got in. You are mine, and you should have no cause for doubt.


This is a "call and response" with @_detunji ; he is awesome guys check him out on IG. 💙

Comments